The City of Winkler has recently introduced a Commercial and Industrial Financial Assistance Program.
This is a tax credit for any new general municipal taxes which result from an increase in the assessed value of the property due to a building addition, renovation or new construction.
Businesses will be eligible for a period of five years.
The tax credit will roll out as follows:
- Year 1, 100% on the general municipal taxes
- Year 2, 80% on the general municipal taxes
- Year 3, 60% on the general municipal taxes
- Year 4, 40% on the general municipal taxes
- Year 5, 20% on the general municipal taxes.
The tax credit does not apply to any school taxes.
To apply for the credit, please complete the following form and you will be contacted within a few business days.
To find out about opportunities for businesses in Winkler, please contact David Martens at (204) 325-9524, extension 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org