The Winkler Aquatic Centre at 580 Park Street is a family-friendly public pool which features a twisty waterslide, speed slides, diving boards, climbing wall, hot tubs, zero-depth beach entry, spray park, kiddie pool, family change rooms, drink machines and a canteen.
Set in the heart of the city right near the Campground, Park, Arts & Culture Gallery, and Grandeur's beautiful flower garden this place is sure to keep you coming back.
Swim lesson registration will take place on Tuesday, May 5th (for Winkler residents only) and Wednesday, May 6th for everyone. Online registration will open at 12:00pm on both days. In person registration will be offered from 5:00pm - 7:00pm both days at the Winkler Arena.
Swim Lesson Schedule coming soon.
Swimming Lesson Reminders:
- To Register for swimming lessons, all families will require a MaxGalaxy account. If an account has already been created but you forget the password, please contact the Recreation Office at 204-325-8333. Do not create a second account.
- Swimming Lessons will run Monday to Friday for two weeks, with the exception of Session 3 which is a one-week enhanced session, and Sessions 7 & 8 which are 1 on 1 lessons. Lessons will take place from May - August.
- Day 1 of Swimming Lesson Registration is for Winkler Residents only. Anyone caught violating this rule will be removed from the Swimming Lesson with no refund.
- A $5 administration fee may be applied to any class switch. All refunds are subject to a $25 administration fee. If a class is cancelled by the Winkler Aquatic Centre, participants will receive a full refund.
- If you have previously taken lessons at a different pool, please contact us at email@example.com to make sure you have the pre-requisites ready before registration day.
Water Safety Instructor (WSI) - $TBD
- Skills Evaluation 1 - Saturday, June 20, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Online Component - June 20 - July 20
- Co-Teaching Component - July 6 - 17 & July 20
- Class & Pool Component - July 11, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, July 12 & 25 - 26, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
National Lifesaving (NL) - $TBD
- Monday August 17, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 18, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 19, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, August 20, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Friday, August 21, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
WSI Re-cert - Saturday, May 30, 9:00am - 1:00 pm - $TBD
NL Re-cert - Wednesday, May 20, 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm - $TBD
Standard First Aid Re-cert - Saturday, May 9, 9:00 am - 5:00pm - $TBD
Aquafit runs Mondays in June and Monday - Wednesday in July & August. Anyone is welcome to drop-in for a class ($8), or buy a 12 or 6-day pass, good for any class.
The best part about working out in the water is that the intensity is always your choice; you get to choose how fast or slow you move, the range of motion you use and how much focus you put into each movement. The instructor is there to guide your movements, give you cues for intensity, help keep you safe and encourage you to have fun. Water fitness is great for any body type, any fitness level and you don’t have to be a good swimmer. Working out in the water is always low impact, alleviates stress on joints, increases flexibility due to water pressure, builds endurance, increases muscle strength, burns calories and is cooling and fun!
Monday - Power 30
Tuesday - Aqua Dance
Wednesday - Shallow Water
Thirty different movements done for one minute each and then repeated. In this workout you will have the opportunity to challenge your body’s fluency of movement, build your movement vocabulary and build muscle memory for everyday tasks. With each movement done for a concentrated amount of time you can work on perfecting the motion and fitting it to your body. The second round gives you the chance to speed up for greater intensity or make the movement more mindful to build muscle memory. Themovements are chosen for range of motion, relation to daily tasks and fun!
Warm up, build up muscle stamina and dance your heart out! In this moving and grooving aqua fitness class there will be rhythmic movements and patterns done as a group. We will build up skills and movement combos turning them into little choreographies. We get to splash and giggle as we move to the music and get our sweat on.
Shallow water Aqua Fit
This is a low impact total body workout designed to increase the heart rate. We will move in different directions and use a variety of water props to keep it interesting and keep the mind alert and the body moving. Water resistance makes your whole body work for each movement even though it feels like you are just having fun!
For the July & August Aquafit Schedule, click here.
Parent & Tot - June - Monday & Wednesday, 11:05am - 11:50am
Parent & Tot - July & August - Friday, 12:05pm - 12:50pm
Early Bird Swim - June - Monday to Friday, 7:00am - 8:30am
Early Bird Swim - July & August - Monday to Friday, 6:30am - 8:00am
English Channel - June - Monday to Wednesday, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
English Channel - July & August - Monday to Thursday, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Water Polo - July 9 to August 27 - Tuesdays, 9:00pm - 10:00pm
Adult Swim - July & August - Wednesdays, 9:00pm - 10:00pm
Aquafit - June - Mondays, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Aquafit - July & August - Monday to Wednesday, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
For the July & August Lane Swimming Schedule, click here.
|Children (5 - 12)||$4.50|
|Student (13 - 17)||$5.50|
|Family Pass (2 Adults & 3 Children/Students)||$18.00|
|Additional Family Members||$2.00|
|Cheap Tuesday (ages 5+)||$3.00|
|Children (5 - 12)||$75.00|
|Student (13 - 17)||$85.00|
|Family Pass (combination of adults/children)||$220.00|
|Levels 1-4, Pre-school, Jellyfish & Dolphin||$66|
|Levels 9-10 & Adult||$76|
|1 on 1 Private Lessons||$101|
|Bronze Cross w/ First Aid||$239.75|
|5 day pass||$20.00|
|10 day pass||$37.50|
|20 day pass||$70.00|
Aqua Fit Pass
|1 day pass||$8.00|
|6 day pass||$40.00|
|12 day pass||$70.00|
Rentals - 1 hour
|0 - 75 people (4 guards)||$204.00|
|76 - 150 people (5 guards)||$306.00|
|151 - 250 people (6 guards)||$433.50|
|251 - 350 people (7 guards)||$561.00|
|351 + people (8 guards)||$714.00|
*$50 non-refundable booking deposit for all regular rentals
*After the first hour rates are 50% off
Pool rental bookings will open on Wednesday, April 8th. Rentals will be available on Monday (July & August) and Thursday evenings throughout the summer. You can contact Kelly Morgan at 204-325-8333 ext 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all private pool rentals.