The City of Winkler’s Utilities Department plays an important role in protecting and safeguarding the public’s health by operating and maintaining the city’s wastewater collection, and water distribution systems. The Utilities Department is looking for energetic and positive people to join their team!
What You’ll Do:
Working together with the rest of the Utilities team, you will be involved in various activities in the maintenance and repairs of the city’s wastewater and storm water systems.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in operating and maintaining water and wastewater infrastructure and components
- Performing inspections of new infrastructure installations and provide reports
- Providing support to staff in repairing infrastructure
- Performing routine work assignments
- Installing water meters, take readings and perform basic calculations
- Operating light service equipment, CCTV unit, line thawer and line detector
- Performing inspections at: backflow prevention devices, grease/pit interceptors, water meter bypasses
- Janitorial cleaning of lift stations, shop work areas
What You’ll Bring:
A positive and dedicated attitude with great team spirit and self-motivation.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Ability to work well with a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- A criminal record check will be required
- Working toward certification by Manitoba Water and Wastewater for Water Distribution I, Wastewater Collection I and Wastewater Treatment I.
- Grade XII education or equivalent
- Experience in water and wastewater facilities an asset
- Class 3 driver’s license is preferred
- Basic electrical and plumbing knowledge
- May be required to obtain Confined Space Training, basic first aid and CPR
- Be physically capable of a performing work tasks
Full-time, permanent position
Monday to Friday, 7:30-4:00 with the potential for standby or on-call after hours.
Full benefits package
Want to apply?
Deliver your resume in one of the following ways:
City of Winkler
185 Main St. Winkler, MB
* please state the position you are applying for if mailing your resume
Wendy Klassen, HR Manager
185 Main Street Winkler
Marked “Attn: HR – Utilities Operator Application”)
email@example.com with the subject line “2022 Utilities Operator Application”
Monday, July 25, 2022
We appreciate all applications. However, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Disability accommodations available upon request.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Click here to submit your question(s).