The City of Winkler plays an important role in giving quality of life to our community by providing many services such as water distribution and treatment, infrastructure, recreation, and administration. Our Corporate Services team is looking for a positive and loyal individual that has a desire and commitment to serve the public by filling the role of AP/AR Clerk.
The AP/AR Clerk will be responsible for accounts payable and receivable and will assist with general administrative functions in the administration department. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Must maintain a good perception and knowledge of the operations of the city
- This position must be capable of performing the job of the Receptionist
- Obtain a general working knowledge of the duties of the other office clerks
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade XII education
- Willing to take additional training and professional development relative to the job
- Experience in an office environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Accounting experience preferred
- Detail oriented and organized
- Willingness to assist others when needed
- Willing to work independently and part of a team
- Strong public relation skills
- Excellent oral communication skills are required
- Full-time, 1 year term position with the possibility of an extended term or permanent position
- Office located at Winkler City Hall, 185 Main St.
- Position is 37.5 hours weekly, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Want to apply?
Deliver your resume in one of the following ways:
City of Winkler
185 Main St. Winkler, MB
185 Main Street Winkler (marked “Attn: HR – AP/AR Clerk”)
email@example.com with the subject line “AP/AR Clerk”
Tuesday, December 6th, 2022 at 5:00pm.
We appreciate all applications however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Disability accommodations available upon request.